How to Cook Okra or Okro Soup


 Okra soup is best cooked without palm oil. To get that unique okra flavour, leave oil out completely. It looks green and sometimes uninviting but tastes great. I  knew this long ago but still cook with oil because I  want that beautiful colourful soup.

Oil was supposed to come in early in the cooking so that it doesn't smell and taste raw. Adding palm oil at this stage is almost not correct. You can see the okra is almost over cooked because I had to leave it boiling on the cooker for the oil to cook well.  I'm surprised it still tasted delicious.

I actually wanted to make  this soup without oil but changed my mind late when the white mushrooms and green okra didn't look the way I wanted. Even though this soup turned out delicious, there was a mix up in the cooking steps and
you'll see it when you scroll down now.

INGREDIENTS:

Lamb knuckles
Onion
Knorr maggi seasoning
Pepper
Crayfish
Smoked catfish
Tatashey
Hot leaves
Okra

Major ingredients for the soup;  3 plates okra, 3 plates of lamb knuckles, 1 plate of mushrooms, 1 bunch of hot leaf not utazi  o. Hot leaf is the one the market women call uziza. That knorr cube in the picture wasn't enough o, so I crushed in some more.



 Washed lamb knuckles in the pot with salt and onion. If you like the taste of goat meat in your okra, then you'll licm your fingers here.

Ordinarily, I would have added the pic showing when I added water to the stock but not now that uploading pics is taking like forever. I just added my fresh pepper sauce and now adding the dried fish,
 Coarsely ground crayfish quickly follows the dry fish.

 Mushrooms come in last before the vegetables so they don't overcook. Mushrooms cook really really fast. Have you tried parboiling them with a Lil salt and adding to
your vegetable salad?  Mushroom salads can be very delicious and nutritious.

 Chopped tatashey with hot leaf.

 Okra 
add palm oil at this stage?

                                        Boiling, happy pot of okra soup.
 Can you share with me?  I cut these mushrooms in halves before washing, you can add them whole,

Have fun cooking.
Enjoy! 

Related Post Ad