My husband abandoned me and my child

 


My story is long but I'll try make it short. I'm a 37 year old lady from kogi, i met an Anambra man 8 years ago, we fell in love and we were fine, when he wanted to settle down he proposed and i agreed, he told his parents and after questions the father told him if that's what he wants and he is sure the igala girl will give him peace then he can invite me over, the mum said since the father agreed she has

also thrown in her towel(except he lied to me) All of a sudden the story changed, that the parents can't allow him marry someone who is not igbo, it was a shocker to us  because the disapproval was not there from the very beginning.


He did all he could to beg his parents especially his mum, because the father wasn't too adamant, Reverend fathers spoke to them all to no avail, it became too bad for him that the family turned against him.


He kept telling me to hang in there that nothing will separate us, that no matter how long it takes for his parents to come around that it is me he wants.


Please note, this man infected me with HIV, it was a very hard discovery but i forgave him, moved past it, started taking care of ourselves and taking our drugs, with that we both felt we are stuck together and he now has a reason to 

keep pushing till his parents eventually calm down.


Along the line i got pregnant, my man was very happy.


Note his younger ones have been married for years and still trusting God for the fruit of the womb, his father was excited about the grandchild, I can't say same for the mum because she said if the pregnancy was a plan to get their approval forcefully then it won't work. 


We both agreed that we won't give birth to an illegitimate child, so since his parents are not ready to come around, let's have a court wedding and we did.


We gave birth to our bundle of joy and we were just happy and okay in our own little world.


Then his father died a month ago, and everything just took a quick turn for the bad. He told me that the mother and family members said he won't be given his birth right, his inheritance, and won't be allowed to perform the burial rite of his father as the first son because he went against them to choose a wife they disapproved of because I'm not igbo. That was shocking to me, he was left with the option to leave me and my child or loose all these rights and inheritance.


He chose to abandon me and my child. When i saw the extent to which the manipulation has gone on him, i knew our relationship was over, and i was ready to leave so he can have his peace and sanity with his family.


But i expected it to happen maturely, i expected he will have a conversation with me and tell me he is sorry but it has gotten to a point where he just have to go by his family's wish, then we plan on how we separate peacefully, co parent, and responsibilities for the child, but he just came home last week Wednesday packed everything single belonging of his, took the car he gave me, lied to me that he is traveling and went to his family house.


 A car that i am using for hospital appointments for our daughter. 


I am heartbroken 💔

Related Post Ad